This Month's Featured Recipe:
- 1 package Citterio Fresco® Speck (sliced into strips) or Citterio Cubetti® Speck
- 1 c. Whole Milk Ricotta
- 2 c. Butternut Squash - diced
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Sage Chopped
- 6 Fresh Sage Leaves
- 1 1/2 sticks high quality unsalted Butter
- Your favorite fresh Pasta Sheets
- Fresh Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
Prepare your Pasta:
- Heat olive oil in large pan on medium heat. Add diced Butternut Squash. Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Saute until light brown. Add 1/4c - 1/2c water. Continue to cook until squash is soft. Remove from heat.
- In a Large bowl, mash the squash to your preferred texture for the filling. Allow to fully cool in refrigerator.
- Add 3oz Speck cubetti (or 3oz of the Speck strips), Ricotta and 1 tbsp. chopped Sage to the Squash. Salt & Pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly.
- Cut your Pasta Sheets in the desired shape/size for the type of pasta you will be making. We made pouches but cutting our pasta into 2 1/2" squares.
- Place 1 tsp. filling in the center of the pasta and then fold to desired shape. Continue to fill all the pasta.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Carefully place the filled pasta into the boiling water and cook for 2 - 3 minutes. Remove from water and place in serving dish or individual plates. Top with butter sauce (follow instructions below).
Butter, Sage and Speck Sauce:
- Melt butter on medium/low heat with 6 Sage leaves. Once butter is melted, remove from heat.
- Add the remainder of your Speck cubetti or Speck strips.
-Spoon over your pasta with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and enjoy!