This Month's Featured Recipe:
Risotto Alla Zucca e CITTERIO Speck
- 6 Cups Butternut Squash - Trimmed & Cubed (Approx 2 lbs)
- 1 Cup Arborio rice
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2 - 3 tablespoons
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 6 - 7 Cups Organic Chicken Stock
- 6 Tablespoons quality Butter
- 4 oz. Citterio Speck Cubes
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 1 Cup Freshly Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 Large Sprigs Fresh Rosemary (for roasting with Squash)
- 4 Large Springs Fresh Tyme (for Roasting with Squash)
- 4 Garlic Gloves (for Roasting with Squash)
Preheat Oven to 350
Clean and cut peeled Butternut Squash into 1 inch cubes
Place Squash into roasting pan, drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Season with salt, pepper, chopped garlic, rosemary and tyme
Roast in pre-heated oven for about 40 minutes at 350 until soft and tender, do not crisp or burn squash
Once finished, place on side to cool. Once cool, coarsely mash with fork.
In the meantime, heat and simmer broth on low heat in a saucepan and reserve for use in rice.
In a large heavy bottom pan or sauce pot, add Extra Virgin Olive Oil and butter on low heat until butter is melted. Once melted, add onion.
Cook onion until soft, tender and translucent, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Add rice to pan / pot and gently stir until rice is coated with oil and butter . About 3 to 4 minutes.
Once coated, add the white wine and cook on low for 2 to 4 minutes allowing for the alcohol to be removed and the flavors to intensify.
Add stock to cover rice and let simmer and stock to reduce and absorb for about 6 to 8 minutes.
Add Butternut squash and continue to add stock as needed while continuing to stir.
Rice should cook through in about 30 minutes, taste for a goal if being slightly al dente. Do not overcook rice.
Once ready, remove from heat and add a pat of quality butter and grate Parmigianno Reggiano and add CITTERIO Speck Cubes.
Add additional Speck if desired prior to serving dish.