- 1 cup brown rice
- 12oz Citterio Prosciutto di Parma
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
½ cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1½cups thinly shaved grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Basil sprigs for garnish
Cook brown rice according to package directions until tender. Let cool.
Cut enough Prosciutto in 1-inch wide strips to make ½ cup. Reserve remaining strips.
In a large bowl, combine Prosciutto strips, tomatoes, bell peppers, green onions, basil, ½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add the brown rice.
To serve, arrange the reserved Prosciutto slices in a fan shape on 6 plates. Spoon some salad onto the center of each plate. Scatter the remaining 1 cup of Parmigiano Reggiano shavings over the salads. Garnish with basil sprigs.