- 1 - 4oz package Citterio Fresco Sliced Prosciutto (sliced into thin strips)
- 1 lb Cavatappi or your favorite pasta
- 1 - 12oz package peas (thawed)
- 2 leeks (thinly sliced)
- 2 Redbell peppers (roasted)
- 2 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 oz Butter
- 1/4 pint Heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pecorino Romano Cheese to taste
Cook pasta according to instructions.
Roast peppers in oven until skin is slightly charred. Remove from oven and place in foil or paper bag until cool.
Once cool, remove skin, clean and slice into strips.
Add 1 clove chopped garlic, dress with 1oz olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste. Put to the side.
Saute leek, 1 clove finely chopped garlic in skillet with 1oz olive oil and butter for about 2-3 minutes.
Then add peas to skillet and saute for about 6-8 minutes.
Remove from heat and add heavy cream and Prosciutto strips. Mix for about 1 minute.
Add pea mixture to pasta. Toss in red pepper strips.
Sprinkle with Pecorino Romano cheese and serve.