Lasagna di Zucchine con Mortadella
- Citterio Fresco Mortadella
- 2 slices Zucchini - sliced lengthwise
- 1 slice tomato - halved
- 1 slice fresh mozzarella - halved
- 2 whole eggs - beaten
- 1 large basil leave - torn into strips
- 1c flour
- 1c Panko bread crumbs
- Roasted red pepper
- Organic extra-virgin olive oil
- Slice Zucchini lengthwise, dip into flour (both sides), then dip into egg (both sides), then dip into panko bread crumbs (both sides).
- Place 3 tbsp olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Place coated zucchini into pan, crisp until golden brown on both sides (about 3 minutes per side). Remove zucchini from pan and place on paper towels to absorb excess oils.
- Once cooled, place 2 slices of Mortadella (folded) on bottom, then layer the 2 halves of mozzarella, then layer the 2 halves tomatoes, then place basil, then 2 more slices of Mortadella (folded).
- Top with remaining slice of zucchini and one roasted red pepper.
- OPTIONAL: warm in oven at 350 for about 10 minutes; or until cheese melts.